Friday, May 6, 2011

Miss Rosie's Lasagna

While I'm at it... thought I would give you this one as well. A few of my old girlfriends requested this quite often. Since we don't speak anymore I thought I would post this so they can fix it for themselves.

Another one of my feel good meals, I fix this for the hubby and I and we can get 3 meals out of it for us and the kiddos. Most of the time I fix 2 batches and freeze one for a later date. If you decide to freeze, don't bake. It will dry out and the noodles will get tough. Wait to bake it until after you thaw and you plan to eat that day.


Love my Lasagna

1 box (16oz) of lasagna noodles
1 lb ground beef
24 oz jar of Ragu Traditional (yes I cheat)
1 8oz can of diced tomatoes
6 cups shredded mozzarella
8 oz cream cheese
16 oz small curd cottage cheese
2 eggs
Italian seasoning


Cook Lasagna noodles al dente.
Brown ground beef add sauce and drained tomatoes, let simmer while noodles are cooking.Beat 2 eggs and mix with cottage cheese. Spread a thin layer of sauce on bottom of pan to prevent sticking. Layer noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, small pinches of cream cheese and shredded mozzarella. You should be able to make 3 layers in a 9 x 13 pan. Last layer leave out cottage and cream cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning lightly. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let Lasagna rest for atl east 10 minutes before you slice.

8 comments:

Oilfield Trash said...

Now I am really hungry!!!!

stephanie said...

The hubs has requested lasagna for dinner tomorrow night- looks like I found a recipe to try!

TheUnSoccerMom said...

I made lasagna for the FIRST TIME last week w/ a recipe very similar to this one. It was so good, Christen had FOUR helpings! :o)

Rosalind said...

Stephanie - let me know how it comes out!

OT - it made me hungry too

Mom - always good thing when the fam comes back for more. Lets you know you have a winner on the table!

Style, Decor & More said...

This sounds wonderful! I have to try it! Love your blog! I already follow on GFC. I'm now following you on Net Blogs!
Have a great week!

http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

If you like giveaways, I have 4 going on right now. Low Entries!

Rosalind said...

Thanks Nancy!

Maasiyat said...

I lurve lasgna but I hate cottage/ricotta cheese. I never put it in mine.

Rosalind said...

I wonder how it would work with plain yogurt? hmmm... new experiment :D