Friday, May 6, 2011

Miss Rosie's Chicken Spaghetti

My sister recently requested the recipe for my Chicken Spaghetti... thought I would share it for the rest of you as well. One of my favorite feel-good dishes to serve.



1 lb bowtie pasta, cooked al dente
1 can mild Rotel Tomatoes ( I use mild)
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
16oz box of Velveeta
4 large chicken breast, diced into 1 inch pieces
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
2 to 3 tbsp of Butter (yummy)

Saute onions and seasoning in butter till transparent, add chicken and brown. Set aside in 9 X 13 casserole dish. Drain pasta and pour into pan.

In a medium saucepan on medium to low heat add Rotel Tomatoes, cream of chicken soup and Velveeta and melt together. Add sour cream and pour over pasta and chicken. Sprinkle shredded cheddar over and bake at 350 uncovered, until cheese is melted to your desire.

5 comments:

SarcasmInAction said...

OMG yummy! thanks for sharing!

Oilfield Trash said...

Sounds great to me.

TheUnSoccerMom said...

oh yum.. . that sounds great!!

Maasiyat said...

Sounds yummy. I miss pasta

Rosalind said...

This has to be one of the best recipes in my book. Hope y'all will try it sometime :)