Sunday, August 21, 2011

Shake that thang....

Life is good these days. I have my friends, my family, my medication (haha). I started taking Zumba. I swear this has got to be the best thing I have ever done for myself. And I, of course, am the best dancer in there. If you don't know what Zumba is .... wake up and come back to earth. It is a cross between Salsa, African dance, and Aerobics. Such an amazing work out. The main focus is to work on your core (my core needs help). But there is a whole lotta shakin' going on in there. I love the class that I'm in because we are in a round room so you can't see yourself unless  you are dead on looking in a mirror. So you really don't see how stupid you look most of the time.

I've taken two classes. My fabulous SIL talked me into doing it two days a week with her. She is a fitness expert, if it works she is going to do it. I trust her judgement 100% when it comes to things like that.

So I show up Tuesday to take the class. My first aerobics class in 5 years. Scared to death that I'm going to look like an idiot. Believe it or not, there is so much going on in Zumba that you don't have time to look at anyone besides the instructor. There are things shaking, swinging, jumping and at the end you are drenched with sweat and ready for more. I seriously would take the class 4 days a week if my husband would agree to let me be gone every night. There is a lunch time class but there is no way I can go back to work in that condition.

I had thought about yoga or something at one time, but I don't see how yoga can firm up anything. If I'm wrong show me some before and after pics. So Zumba it is. Two days a week. Tuesday and Thursday. With a workout like that I should be able to shed some of my core... Ok, so It's not like I'm fat or over weight, I love my size, but since having two kids there are some areas that could use a little help. I think I have found exactly the right fit. That mixed in with walking with the kiddos packed into the jogging stroller... I should be good. By the way, you should know that the combined weight of the jogging stroller and two kids is about 90 lbs.

I can only assume that between the dance class and walking with the kids, by this time next year Glamour magazine will be calling me to be on the cover since I will be so stinkin' hot. Well... in my mind at least.... and that is all that matters.

Peace out...

8 comments:

Justlittlecajunme said...

Sounds like fun! You go Rosie!

I envy you (in a good way) because there would be no way I could keep up or even shake!

SherilinR said...

you'll be stinkin hot to you & the man. i'm sure you already are though.
way to go with the jiggly, jumpy class! burn, calories burn!

stephanie said...

I've heard SO much about zumba- I need to try it!

The Angry Lurker said...

Good for you.

TheUnSoccerMom said...

I think yoga/pilates is great, but not by itself... you gotta have cardio!!

I've heard a lot about zumba! But I have no one to go w/ me to classes... :o( I'm hoping to get it for the Wii soon. :o)

Keep on having fun!!! :o)

Joy said...

I'm going to be starting in September!! WHOOP WHOOP! I'm not sure which nights I'll be coming, BUT you better NOT laugh at me! LOL

Rosalind said...

Cajun - Thank you!

Sherilin - I hope so!

Stephanie - Go for it!

Angry - Thank you

Mom - If we lived in the same town I would say go with me. You will love it

Joy - Where will you be taking classes? Inbox me!

Anonymous said...

Have to put my 2 cents in - yoga is hands down :) the best exercise i've ever done! It becomes less about exercise & more about looking inward, gaining focus, and feeling incredible. All this, along with becoming tone yet flexible from your hands to your feet! Having said that, why not yoga & zumba?

robyn