Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm not alone...

Sometimes it can be hard for me to make connections with people, but when I do... they last. I don't mean a connection like going out to have a drink or hanging out. I mean a real connection. A person that can only understand you because they are just like you.

I talked to an old friend today. Someone I have known most of my adult life, friends for years but today we discovered something about each other... We are both crazy. Haha! Seriously...

I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for several years now, in the last year I have been officially diagnosed and heavily medicated. I have felt so alone with my depression. I have alienated friends and family. I failed my husband and kids.

But today... today I don't feel so alone. Today I realized that people that are depressed are not few and far in between. Today I learned that I'm not the only one.

I have read other bloggers that deal with Bipolar disorder and I know that it happens. But I haven't really felt like there was someone I could talk to. I've talked to a counselor and a psychiatrist... but I felt like they were just there to hear what I had to say and file me away. We didn't talk much, we compared notes, chatted about our problems we have had over the last year. It was good. I think the best part about it was that we have known each other so long that I just feel a closer connection now.

Thank you to my friend...

5 comments:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

:o)

No, you are not alone! And I'm so glad you made that connection. :o)

stephanie said...

not alone at all!

DWei said...

Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon.

Depression is a terrible thing but you can recover, there are tons of help groups out there.

Admin said...

So interesting. I can really relate.

Rosalind said...

Thank you everyone