Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Whoo-pee!

Ok, so you see a commercial for cold medicine... someone is sick, you see a commercial for hamburger helper... people are eating dinner, you see a commercial for tampons and there are two chicks playing tennis. There are just some things you don't talk about or you don't really want to deal with on T.V.




I don't like reality stuff and this commercial just got me... I guess if you are going to talk about it then do it, she did it in some what of a classy kind of way I guess? I don't know. When I finished watching it I was like .... seriously? I didn't really need to know that Whoopie is a wetter.

So lets talk about it... I know that 90% of women that have had kids understand completely what I'm talking about. If you didn't deal with it when you were pregnant, you are dealing with it post pregnancy, and if you aren't dealing with it at all... you need to go get checked because something is wrong. I understand that there are things out there to make us feel better about ourselves but I don't want to talk about it much less be reminded about my own problem with it while I'm hanging out with the husband watching the Golden Girls on lifetime. I just said that didn't I.... yep.

Ok, well maybe it is my fault that I even saw the commercial because I was watching lifetime at 10:00 last night looking for the kitchen peen.

anyway... it just hit me. I'm getting older. I will be 29+5 this year. This will be my last year to still feel like a kid. Next year I get to start all kinds of wonderful things that my Mother has warned scared me about. Mammograms, cholesterol test, upper and lower GI checks... all of these are the fun things you get to start at 35. I once read that when you get a Mammogram you should schedule it with you best friend, so you both can get tortured at the same time, then go eat large amounts of chocolate... because chocolate has be proven to re-inflate the TaTa's.

Honestly, I know I'm getting old, I just don't want to be reminded of it when I'm hanging out in my wind suit pants, t-shirt, and house shoes while I'm devouring a bowl of Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate ice cream watching Lifetime or DIY Network.... I mean really.



5 comments:

SherilinR said...

i'm 35 now & i first did the mammogram last year. remember, keep your pants on! i wish i'd had someone to go with, but nope, it was just me & my naked booty. oops!

Rosalind said...

I read your post about that, loved it.

Joy said...

I'm so glad someone else dislikes that commercial like I do. It's like the "print" depends. Seriously?

Rosalind said...

print depends? Oh no! They have gone too far!

shan said...

This made me chuckle! Thanks!!