Wednesday, March 2, 2011

my facebook status

“Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.” ~ Dale Carnegie
Since my husband and I decided to combine our facebook pages into one, I have made a daily effort to not say anything negative about anyone or anything. I found that when I make negative status updates all it does is create more drama, hurt feelings and negative responses. When you live a life of negativity, you breed negativity, and in turn all you get in return is.... negativity.


I am looking for a life full of positive influence, I surround myself with positive people looking for the answers, not complaining about the questions. By taking the time to think before I speak to 150+ friends about how someone ticked me off that day... I have found that I'm a much happier person as well.

Positive Reinforcement

Here are a few thoughts to ponder before you speak:

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.” ~Paulo Coelho
  
“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ~ Wayne Dyer

“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.” ~ William Arthur Ward

“The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.” ~ Barbara De Angelis

“Anger is just a cowardly extension of sadness. It's a lot easier to be angry at someone than it is to tell them you're hurt.” ~ Tom Gates

“Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret.” ~ Dr. Laurence J. Peter

7 comments:

Joy said...

Amen, Amen, and AMEN!!!

I've said more than once - don't post something on facebook that you will end up deleting 5 minutes later. Think before you post. We've all done it before, but hopefully we have learned from them, too.

Rosalind said...

I have deleted and blocked so many people because of negativity.

Shanna said...

My little Rosie is all grown up!! I love this post!! I am happy that you have found peace. God uses bad situations sometimes to draw us nearer. We are usually too stupid to realize it. Not you. You are using it to make the world better one Facebook status at a time. As always...I heart u!!

Shan

SherilinR said...

i don't think i could stand to share an fb account with my hubby cuz he likes to put up only profile pics of toothless hillbillies or ganstas or pirates. and he posts links to sci-fi crap that no one cares about.
but i'm totally on that public positiveness thing. i've found that the updates and blog posts i most like to read are the ones that aren't mad or complaining. and if someone's being mocked, it better be the person writing those mocking words.
i love that second quote!

Angel Court Jewels... said...

Great post!!!

Jo Jo said...

Right on, sister!!

Rosalind said...

Love all of you! Keep it positive, and if all else fails always smile... it ticks off the enemy