Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My faith

Yes, I am a Christian. Yes, I believe that Jesus was sent to save me. Yes, I believe that he rose from the grave. Yes, I believe that one day my God will open up the Heavens and I will spend eternity in paradise.

Yes, I am a Christian... saved by Grace! Can you hear me or do I need to say it louder?

I pray every day, I have something to look forward to. I don't wish harm on my enemies, I love them and pray for them daily. I don't speak unkind words, or trash talk, or pot stir anymore. What is the point in causing harm to other people? How does that reflect on yourself when you treat people that way? But being a Christian, I sometimes fail... Sometimes I let my mouth go on overload. Sometimes I say things that are brutal honesty, I speak my mind... I don't purposely try to hurt someone's feelings. Regardless of what I say, regardless of what I do, there is only one person that has the right to judge me.  I have never once said that I was perfect or that I lead a perfect life. I'm trying. That’s the best that anyone could hope for.


Ephesians 2: 8-10 ~ God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago

At least I believe in something, right? I don't try to push my religion on anyone, but if you ask me... I will tell you. I'm not afraid to tell anyone that I'm learning my faith all over again. I'm not afraid to say that YES, my life has been blessed since I decided to get on the right path. I don't walk around with the bible held high over my head saying I'm the perfect Christian, I'm not perfect by any means... I am very humble in my faith... I have a lot to learn, but at least I'm trying. If you want to judge me for that... if you want to judge me and throw stones at me because I'm a Christian and because I pray, because I apply my faith to my life... go ahead. I'm waiting. It's a natural for people to judge and criticize others, to pick out ways they don't measure up to our standards in one way or another. But the Bible is clear about the role of judgment in our lives: we should focus on our judging eyes on ourselves and our own ample faults, rather than obsessing on the flaws of other people.


Matthew 7: 1-5 ~ Judge not, that ye be not judged.  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?


2 Thessalonians 3:6 ~ Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

I am proud to be a Christian. In the last few months I have been on a journey to know Christ more, it has strengthened my relationship with my husband, my children, my family and my friends. I have started reading my bible every day, I read a daily devotional, I take my family to church. I even take a piece of scripture from my Bible and apply it to my life everyday. Today for example is: This is what I command you; love one another. ~ John 15:17. I have a new strength in my soul. I'm a stronger person. The thing that I am facing now is people that put down Christians, saying they are weak minded, stupid, etc.

I was saved during my teen years... then went on and lived the party life... but then after everything that happened with my husband and I, we decided that Church was where we really needed to be. We have seen our pastor, we pray together, and we read a daily devotional together. We have made a commitment to each other to support each other. We made a commitment to help the other have a closer walk with God. From my mistakes I learned that this is how I needed to bring my family closer together. This is how we needed to live our life. Please... anyone that wants to fault me for having faith.... let me know, and I will pray for you too. I will pray for your soul. I will pray for you because you haven't been blessed with the things I have been blessed with.

9 comments:

Jo Jo said...

I'll walk with you. It's hard to follow an enlightened path and turn the other cheek as He would have us do, but all things are possible through Christ.

Rosalind said...

thank you

SherilinR said...

wow, i haven't read a blog post that spelled out christianity quite so plainly & concisely before. kudos. i'm a former pastor's wife myself. former meaning, he's not a pastor anymore, not meaning that he's no longer my husband.
you sound ticked though. you okay?

Rosalind said...

Thank you!

not ticked at all... just wanted people to understand where I stand with my faith. My faith was questioned recently and I wanted to make it loud and clear so there would be no questions about it.

shan said...

I'm so proud of you. It's easy to sit back and be quiet about our faith in today's society. Until... You become accustomed to sharing it! I love what you are doing, and I support you. Take your family to church every chance you get. Read the Word to them. Teach by your actions.

Once again, I <3 u.

Rosalind said...

i <3 you too girl!

More than ever it hurts my heart when I hear people say that Christians are weak and feeble minded. Thanks for your support.

Joy said...

Being a Christian, I do know what you are talking about. I am not perfect in any way, but who is perfect? Everyone should strive to be more like our Heavenly Father every day, but we will all fall short. Only he is perfect. Praying for you... hope you'll pray for me.

Rosalind said...

Thank you for your prayers and I will pray for you as well.

Rosalind said...

@ Whispering - not sure what I did but your welcome? Thanks for stopping by. I have really enjoyed reading your blog :)