Sunday, March 20, 2011

Paul's Prayer

I haven't said much about my faith on my blog, maybe I should. I'm not really sure why I haven't up until recently. I made a post the other day about my faith and just as I figured it would, it was read like I was jumping down someones throat, but it wasn't intended like that at all. It was, however, inspired by several facebook statuses and things that I had recently seen on t.v., I felt like I needed to make a statement about my faith, nothing else.

I said in my post that I'm not the perfect Christian, I know that, and I hope that other people will understand that as well, but I'm trying. I've said things that I shouldn't have, and I can't take them back. I've done things that I will never be able to change. This morning our preacher said The only thing that will change life is being filled with the life of the Holy Spirit and I am trying to do just that. It's hard not to fall back into the person and the life I used to have. Sin takes away the spiritual life.

Which brings me to my point. With so much misery and pain in the world, people need to just be nice to each other. Instead of saying something hurtful, just smile and let it go.

I read Paul's Prayer today and I wanted to share it with you. I pray this for everyone I know.


**********


Ephesians 3:14-21 (New Living Translation)

Paul’s Prayer for Spiritual Growth

14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,[a] 15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.[b] 16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.


20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.


**********



I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful week.