Friday, March 25, 2011

update

to add to yesterday's post.....

To make my week even more interesting, Kid #1 broke out with hives all over her legs last night. We figured she was finally having the break out from the Fifths Disease that Kid #2 brought home last week. Or so we thought... we were so wrong.

This morning she wakes up and she is covered.. I mean COVERED from head to toe with red whelps. I call Mom and ask if she can come over until I can get her over to the Dr's office. When I meet Mom at the Dr. her whelps had become blisters.

My child is allergic to Cephalosporin. This antibiotic is used to treat ear infections, which we had pretty regular up until she had tubes put in her ears. Now that one has come out, we are getting ear infections again. Since she is allergic to it, she is probably allergic to penicillin as well.

Keep the big girl in your prayers please. She is very uncomfortable right now. She has no fever and the only reaction she has had is the hives, I know it could be much worse than it is, but I really hate to see her suffer.

6 comments:

Joy said...

Poor baby. Sending prayers up for both of you.

Oilfield Trash said...

That just sucks. I can relate as I am allergic to 95% of all anti-biotics.

Prayers said.

SherilinR said...

yowza! prayers for you girl! that sounds itchy just to read.

Rosalind said...

Thank you for the prayers. She woke upt this morning and the whelps are much better than before.
Benadryl, Aveno baths, Cortizone shot, and cortizone cream... she quit scratching... but now I "itch" 'cause I got the ibbie-jibbies haha. The mind plays great tricks.

shan said...

Tell her we love her and hope she is better!

Miley said...

Oh how awful to be allergic to something that's supposed to help! thanks for stopping by my blog :)
hope your kiddo feels better soon!