Thursday, December 16, 2010

To the man I love...

I know I may have this rough exterior and act like nothing can hurt me. I may not show enough emotion when I should and too much when I shouldn't. I speak my opinion too often and don't know when to keep my mouth shut. I drink too much.... when I drink. I can be entirely too loud. I'm selfish and spoiled.

I take for granted all the wonderful things you do for me, I always look over them and fuss about the things you don't do. Thank you for making the coffee every morning, especially since you don't drink it. Thank you for going to work and making sure that the girls and I never have to go without anything. Thank you for being the hero and killing the wasp nest outside during the summer because I have that huge phobia. I'm so lucky that you still look at me with longing lustful eyes even though I don't feel comfortable in my own skin. I love the way you smell when you don't wear cologne. I still think its funny that you were willing to shave off your beard because it tickled my nose and scratched my cheeks. I like the beard. 

I promise to try to do better to show you how much I appreciate you. I will make every effort to keep from saying things that I know will hurt your feelings because we had a fight. I realized that it hurts me to know that you are hurting. I never payed attention to your broken heart because all along I thought it was just mine that was breaking.

I'm not going to bitch anymore about leaving your socks or shoes out in the middle of the living room for me to trip over, that's just geography... It's not like I can't walk around them. I may even pick them up for you. You washed all the clothes a couple of weeks ago, so its not like a pair of socks are going to kill me. I won't fuss about your pile of clutter by the coffee pot. You know its there, you know it irritates me, no need to bring any more attention to it because I know you you will eventually get to it... I hope. I promise to try not to get mad every time you hurry to get off the phone with me, even though you know I have to hear you tell me you love me before we get off the phone.

I promise I will try to do better and be a better wife.
So I'm asking this one favor... be patient with me.

No comments: