Tuesday, December 14, 2010

reality check...

How could I honestly think in my twisted little head that it wouldn't have happened to me, but it did. I got a prank call from non other than an Indian Pervert... no not Indian like native American, Indian like from India. Nothing worse than feeling like I'm on the phone with some sort of computer tech support at 10:00 at night and get asked about the shape of my body when in reality its 2:00 in the afternoon and I'm at work.  Really? Get a life asshole!


I was  verbally assaulted by some man from Yellow Pages, but I’m not sure which yellow pages since there are like 100’s of yellowpages.com etc. He wanted to update our listing and when I told him I was not authorized to make changes or purchase he proceeded to ask me “what is the size of your figure” (my figure? did he really just say that?), I questioned him why he needed to know that and he replied “so I can imagine it in front of me” (now I'm about to crawl under my desk because I am so completely disturb). I replied “what are you some pervert?” and he said “yes, I am mental.” Shocked, I hung the phone up without getting his supervisors name or anything.  One of the guys I work with insisted on asking me at least 10 times if I was ok. Yes, I'm ok... I am also deeply disturbed now because I can't go and rat this guy out for being a sick perv.

How the hell did that happen to me?

Well I know how... I actually felt sorry for this guy unlike the 100's of morons that have called in the past trying to get me to "update" my listing that I've abruptly hung up on. I thought to myself "self, this time be nice and update the listing" and so I did... and that's what it got me. Gross... I feel violated.

So I wonder how well this would work if I turned the situation around? Next time I have a telemarketer call the house trying to sell me additional insurance on my kids bicycle or lower the rates on a credit card I canceled 2 years ago... I'm just going to ask "what is the size of your figure" or maybe I will take the foot fetish route.

No comments: