Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Can I just complain?

yep... I am in one of those moods. I just want to complain to someone that won't bitch back at me.

So for starters... I have RLS (restless leg syndrome), its that tingling feeling in your legs when you lay down for bed. Ok, so I had the WORST flare up I have ever had. I literally was pacing the house when I wasn't kicking the couch. Somewhere around 2:00 a.m. I finally tried a hot bath. That relaxed my legs long enough that I could pass out from exhaustion. This morning I wake up, against my will but my paycheck needs me, and seriously thought about calling in sick, but I knew there would be no point since my LEGS ARE STILL TWITCHIN! On the way home I am getting some iron supplements and potassium and start taking that before bed.... yep... another pill. Something has got to give. For the last several years I have slept with a bar of soap under the fitted sheet, but for some reason I took it out about a month ago. It is supposed to help with leg cramps, but no one can explain why. The bar is going back. If I still feel like this tonight I'm going to duct tape the soap to the bottom of my feet. If you have any other suggestions, please comment below.

Next... I got a new keyboard tray for my desk at the office... It sucks. For those of you who have keyboard trays... you will understand when i say... this one bites. I can't get it adjusted, its too big, its in my way... blah blah blah.

So enough complaining for now.

I do have a happy thought for you. The husband and I had some friends over the other night for pizza and games. We played Mexican Train. No its not some Beaner international version of that perverted crap boys do in high school. My friend we are talking about Dominoes. I've played dominoes before where you count five, ten, fifteen, twenty points... this was different. the object of the game is to go out with no points.



I think it is supposed to be a kiddo game, but it was SO much fun! Next time we get together I think the Husband and I are going to teach our friends how to play Canasta. My parents taught Hubby and I how to play after we got married, had a standing date every Tuesday night to play. We then taught his parents and we had a date with them every Friday night to play... that was until kids came along. The girls are getting old enough we don't have to chase them around the house every step they take so maybe we can start playing again... but maybe only once a month.

2 comments:

SherilinR said...

i love playing games, but my hubby won't play with me. i'm at my parents right now & we've played several since i've been here. maybe my daughter's finally old enough for me to teach her to play some fun games with me.

Rosalind said...

I love playing games, always so much fun. I wish my girls were older so we could play things other than candy land or uno. Sucks to play games with my hubby sometimes because he ALWAYS has to win. So when I do get a victory it is super sa-weet!
Hope you have a wonderful visit with your parents!