Monday, January 3, 2011

new year, new ideas?

So in my ditch effort to become more of a worldly blogger, I joined a couple of blog communities today. Yeah, I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but I did it.

After signing up for three that I will get random email updates from I realize that I actually have to blog on these sites as well. I don't think I am ready to spend that much time typing out my life, so I posted a link to this blog.... haha I cheated neener neener. I do, however, want to get my blog out there for more people to read. I have a link on my facebook page and I have a link in the signature block on my personal email. Not my work email.. I feel that the management staff would seriously frown upon that.

In the meantime, I carry on with my normal day to day life and have managed to not strangle anyone in my family. The Christmas holiday went over very well with my family. No, I didn't get tanked even though I really wanted to. Menu was interesting, but I think Mom was trying to get Christmas and New Years in all at one time. Lasagna, broccoli salad, regular salad, black eye peas, and lima beans... Interesting combination. Oh yeah, and the kiddos had manderine oranges. To top it off we had cheesecake, my sister brought a pie, but I never got the chance to dig into it because Kid #2 decided it was time to go home. Like I said before, she rules the house and our daily schedule. Once we finished dinner and the intermittent fireworks between the scattered thunder showers we loaded our happy asses in my truck and headed off towards home. Kids didn't sleep the whole way... it was quite entertaining to say the very least. Nothing like a 45 minute drive of Kid #1 screaming at the top of her lungs the lyrics to some song she made up and Kid #2 just screaming, because she can. Yay. Husband and I got the kiddos in bed, snuggled up on the couch and after about 10 minutes of TV decided that we could care less about ringing in the New Year so, we went to bed. How exciting is that?

New Years day is another story...

The house (remember I'm an OCD neat freak) is a wreck. I am so overwhelmed with the mess that I just stand there and look at it... shaking my head. So, I figure ok lets get started. I go in, color my hair, get a shower and start making sense of the mess that my husband and kids have made the day before. So, while I waddle around in my bath robe and hair in a towel (this is normal for the weekend) I hear someone at the door. The niece has brought over the new boyfriend for us to meet.... unannounced. AGH!!! I decide it to be best to run to the bedroom and get dressed while the husband entertains. I walk out of the bedroom in wind suit pants and a t shirt, hair still wet, no make up and the boyfriend gives me this look like WTH? I felt like telling him that this was my house and if I wanted to stay in my robe I would have, but I'd rather not scare anyone.

The young man was very nice. A student at the college she attends. I approve, but my approval isn't needed. The kids hung around the house for a couple of hours, watched some football. In the meantime I managed to pull myself together and get fixed up for the evening out that the husband and I had planned. A night of drinks and snacks with some old friends we haven't done anything with in a year. It was nice.

Didn't do much, took Kid #1 with us while Kid #2 stayed with the Mamaw. Would have loved to take Kid #2, but she is really just to young to let run loose at another persons house. #1 had a great time playing with the youngest son of the couple we went to see. He told his Mom that she was NOT his new girlfriend, but that he had fun playing with her. She wouldn't stop talking about him either. We didn't get home till almost midnight. #2 would have been ticked off... that's why she didn't get to go. I'm sure she had more fun with the Mamaw anyway.

So that was my holiday weekend in a nutshell... I lead such an exciting life don't I? I'm sure that it is better than some, but more boring than most. It's my life...

I'm glad that Husband and I are getting out there and rekindling old connections and making new ones.

So, my New Years resolution: Put 100% effort in my marriage, my family, and my friends. Wake up every morning with a smile on my face whether I want to or not. Drink lots of wine, smoke plenty of cigarettes and remember that life is too short to worry about the small stuff. Peace and Chicken grease :)

No comments: