Saturday, January 29, 2011

the little things

Kid #1 : all you need is some duct tape

What? How did the child learn about duct tape and WTF is she going to use it for? I'm not exactly sure and I don't think I want to find out.

My kids are completely amazing. Its like they know when I'm having one of my days... like today. I woke up in my usual bitter mood, with a head ache even though I didn't do anything to deserve the headache. I'm sitting here at the computer, kids are watching Nick Jr. And it happens... my life feels worth while for a moment or two and a smile comes across my face.

I hear Bob Marley singing Three Little Birds, Kid #1 runs into the other room and turns up the t.v. We have this on the ipod and listen to it almost every morning while we dance on the way to work and daycare. I wasn't having such a great day so far and she runs in, hugs me and says:
 Mommy, it's our favorite song... I love you!
then she gives me another hug topped off with a kiss on the cheek and now I can't get this smile off my face.

I'm sure that at some point in the day, like the next hour or so when kid #2 starts to draw on the wall or throw a temper tantrum, I will lose my cool and start to stress out again and need a nap or something. But for now... I'm happy. Why am I so happy? Because nothing else matters... that's why. If you don't have kids, you wouldn't understand and... dogs and cats... they don't live up to what a kid can do.  I had a cat, God rest his precious little soul, and I treated him like one of my children but he couldn't do what my kids did... drive me crazy and warm my heart at the same time.

Speaking of driving me crazy...

No comments: