Wednesday, November 24, 2010

lets talk turkey...

It's that time of year again where we stuff ourselves with dressing, turkey, ham and all the veggies the heart desires.

Our plans for the holiday? Glenn and I will go through the woods to his parents house to have some of Vicki's amazing cornbread dressing. I wish that my whole family could be together, but we are not up for traveling this year. Next year I hope to have Thanksgiving dinner at my house again. We had it there last year and I think it was a hit.

So what are your plans for the holiday?

One of my favorite dishes for the holiday season:


SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH PRALINETOPPING

3 eggs
5 lb. sweet potatoes, mashed
2/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. melted butter
1/3 c. cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice

Beat eggs in large bowl. Add mashed potatoes until well blended. Add all remaining ingredients and spread in greased 2 quart casserole.

TOPPING:

1 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1 c. pecans, chopped
1/3 c. butter

Mix sugar, flour and nuts. Work in butter with pastry blender. Sprinkle over potato mixture.
Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.

No comments: