Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm sick....

Again...

I once again have a sinus infection. Went to bed last night about 8:30 with the aches and chills and cough. I've been to see an ENT about my problem, he gave me a nose spray and mucinex D, but it didn't keep it away this time. Not exactly sure how I went from feeling great to infection in 24 hours but I did. Yay for me. At least I have some antibiotics stashed away to help this time. Don't want to make another trip to the Dr. for the same problem I get over and over. Wonder if my primary will call me in something good to take.

Other than that, nothing new on the home front. Things were quiet around my house last night. I made the famous "love your family and friends lasagna" last night for dinner. It's almost too rich to eat. I lost a bet to a friend and my pay up was to cook lasagna. Must be pretty good because people seem to request that for dinner quite often. It is so simple to make too.

Love my Lasagna

1 box (16oz) of lasagna noodles
1 lb ground beef
24 oz jar of Ragu Traditional
1 8oz can of diced tomatoes
6 cups shredded mozzarella
8 oz cream cheese
16 oz small curd cottage cheese
2 eggs
Italian seasoning


Brown ground beef add sauce and drained tomatoes, let simmer while noodles are cooking.
Cook Lasagna noodles aldente’
Beat 2 eggs and mix with cottage cheese
Spread a thin layer of sauce on bottom of pan to prevent sticking.
Layer noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, small pinches of cream cheese and shredded mozzarella. You should be able to make 3 layers in a 9 x 13 pan.
Last layer leave out cottage and cream cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning lightly.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments: