Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Karma, Karma, Karma....

KARMA..... such an evil little woman she is... Karma. We all wish for it on someone at some point in time. Some of the more tacky people enjoy it when their so called Karma takes a big hit on someone. Here are a few things to ponder when wishing Karma on another person or enjoying another person's "bad luck".

KARMA: often capitalized : the force generated by a person's actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate transmigration and in its ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence. Hinduism & Buddhism The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny

Hmmm.... lets ponder on that for a moment. So does that mean if you are a mean hateful bitter person in this life... you will get it in the next?

I don't know about you but I'm not really worried about the "next" life since I'm going to Heaven anyway ;)

So... even though I don't want to be known to quote anything Buddhist... I thought I would share. What I get from reading on the internet is that BAD KARMA is your OWN PERSONAL BITTERNESS. So regardless if you rejoice in someone's pain or not, your just filled with bad karma all the way around in your own unhappiness. That must really be terribile to be so miserable that you find joy in other peoples pain. 

I will admit that I have done some bad things in my life... and I will and have paid for it. But as far as I understand and what I have read on how KARMA works... if you wish bad KARMA on a person, it will then turn back to you ten times fold. That's a reason for us to want to wait for her to strike? Hmmm.... interesting how that works. 

God says that you shouldn't rejoice in someone's pain or his anger will be turned from them and towards you.


The word of GOD says: Proverbs 24:17 - Don’t rejoice when your enemies fall; don’t be happy when they stumble.

In context: (this is my favorite part)

 16 The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again.
      But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked.

 17 Don’t rejoice when your enemies fall;
      don’t be happy when they stumble.
 18 For the Lord will be displeased with you
      and will turn his anger away from them.

My God says... (read it again verse 18) For the LORD will be displeased with YOU and will turn his anger away from them. Sounds a little like the law of KARMA doesn't it. If you rejoice when your enemy falls, it's going to come back on you.

So for you that have "rejoiced" in my current trials I have one for you... One day... you are going to regret the fact that you had fun with the dark times in my life. But just remember this... it's my life, not yours. My decisions, my problems. You are the one that chose not to be a part of it by your actions. Or did you forget that...

Matthew 23:12 says - But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Matthew 15:11 says - It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.”

and finally...

Matthew 7:3-5 reads “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.


Just so you know... I don't believe in Karma. I believe in Gods word. MY God says that I have been forgiven... that, my friend, is all that matters in my life.

3 comments:

shan said...

Beautifully written, my friend. I love you, and I am here for you. Cling to the word of God, put your trust in Him.

TheUnSoccerMom said...

Amen. Karma, nor Luck exists.

But our God exists and you're right, that's all that matters! :o)

Rosalind said...

Thank you ladies :o)