Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ladies... why?

I've really just had enough of people being rude and ugly. I quit. I see it in my social life, I see it in my day at the office.I just don't understand why it is. I've had a recent encounter at work that really just set me off. I was calm, but seriously.... to even refer to yourself as one... all it does is put yourself down.

Just so no one goes and gets their feelings hurt... this is NO WAY directed towards anyone. It is a general view that I have about things I see from time to time on Facebook... not to mention the woman on the phone where I work that told me she was a b**** and I was going to listen to what she had to say.


Definition of BITCH
1: the female of the dog or some other carnivorous mammals
2a : a lewd or immoral woman b : a malicious, spiteful, or overbearing woman —sometimes used as a generalized term of abuse
3: something that is extremely difficult, objectionable, or unpleasant
4: complaint

Some women pride themselves on being a bitch. Saying things like: I'm one nasty bitch, I'm the head bitch, etc. Why? I used to call myself a bitch, I thought it was cool to be mean I guess. I would rather refer to myself as strong willed now with a little of opinionated thrown in. I don't want to be seen as malicious, spiteful, or overbearing. That really isn't how I want anyone to see me.
“The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others.” ~ William Lyon Phelps
I saw this quote and it made me think about how I want people to see me. I've done mean and spiteful things in my life and now... now I see that being bitter and "bitchy" really isn't a way to live. Always reach a hand out to help someone. Always take the time to make someone feel special. No matter who they are or what they have done. Evey one needs to feel accepted in life. We all need to have that approval rating, even if we say we don't. Even if we say "I'm a bitch, I don't need anyone".... we really do. It's no fun to spend your days alone with no one to hold your hand when you hurt. I love my husband, he is my best friend, but I don't see him all the time. I am thankful for my Shan and my Sue, they both are a rock in my life, and now I have a few new friendships and I truly believe these ladies... these women of God... these strong kind and loving women are friends that my God wants me to have.

8 comments:

stephanie said...

I never want to be known as a bitch, that doesn't feel like something to be proud of.

Oilfield Trash said...

Did you run into my ex wife and that is what prompted this post? lmao

Rosalind said...

@ Stephanie - me either.

@ OT - actually... yes... just kidding

TheUnSoccerMom said...

AMEN!!!! I SO hate it when women refer to themselves as a B****. And I really hate it when they refer to each other as "hooker"... as in: Hey Hooker, what you up to?? Yeah, I think not.

Rosalind said...

@ Mom - I agree. I used to be like that and now I look back and I don't think it's very "cool" at all. Guess it's my age.

Unknown said...

I agree completely. If we don't have respect for ourselves, how can we expect anyone else to have respect for us?

Jo Jo said...

You hit the nail on the head with this one! Smile - you never know how someone else may be feeling or how you may change someone's day. And you can hear a smile through the phone :)

Love y'all!

Rosalind said...

@ Angel - you are so right

@ Jo Jo - love you more