Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rosie's Challenge - Day 9

30 Days of Truth... Rosie's Challenge - I decided to take up a 30 Day Challenge about myself. It will probably take more than 30 days to complete but I am willing to make the effort to get it done. Click here to get the list if you are interested in joining in... peace out yo!

Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

I have a lot of people that drift in and out of my life. Some go for no reason, some leave on a bad note. No one ever goes with a cheerful smile. That wouldn't make any sense now would it. There are not really any people that have drifted out of my life that I didn't want to go at some point. I try to stay in contact with everyone that I am truly friends with by texting or using Facebook. Thankfully for FB I have been able to keep in touch with people and reconnect with ones that did drift for no reason.

One person that I really miss is my friend Jennifer... She and I have been friends over 10 years. Such an amazing woman and incredible mother... she can do anything she puts her mind to. It's been hard for us to keep in touch. We live separate lives, we are both married with kids... and now we live a world apart (its really only about 45 minutes). We comment on each others stuff on facebook now and then, but I would really like to be able to start spending time with her and her family again.

So with that in mind... I'm going to try and get up with her today and make time for us to visit and catch up.

9 comments:

Joy said...

I completely understand. Like tonight — seriously Abby and I live a mile apart, but we stay so busy and live different lives that it is hard for us to spend time together. That's why we made a date tonight to seat back and enjoy each others company.

TheUnSoccerMom said...

I have a friend like that! She, too, lives just 45 minutes away, but she may as well be on the other side of the world. She doesn't have FB!! So I can't keep in contact that way...

I need to call her. :o)

Rosalind said...

Joy, I hope you and Abby have a great time tonight!

Mom, call your friend... you need to... life is too short <3

Maasiyat said...

So glad you're going to meet up with your friend. I always seem to drift away from people especially if they are not right in front of me. I am not much of a FB , email, text person so unless you text/msg me then we don't talk so eventually I seem to just drift away.

Anonymous said...

this blog is very good mmmm

Rosalind said...

Maasiyat - I'm pretty good about getting on peoples nerves by txting every day

Zertuzzi - thank you mmmm

AiringMyLaundry said...

I hope you can get together with your friend. Perhaps suggest a girls night?

Mrs. Pickle said...

I get it. I have friends like that also.

picklesinmyass.blogspot.com

Rosalind said...

girls night already in the plans... yay!