Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Help

Ok folks, I saw the movie, I read the book... and now... I tell you... DO THE SAME!

I promise it had to be one of the best books I have read in a long time. I literally finished it in 3 days. I couldn't put it down. I went to see the movie when it came out and they follow right along. There are a few things that were changed, but for the most part... the movie does the book justice.

You will never look at chocolate pie again in the same way. I doubt very seriously I will ever eat it again.

As far as the movie goes... I went with my friend Kristi. This is totally a chick flick, but honestly I don't know any man that wouldn't secretly like it. I'm sure they would never admit it. I am definitely a day late and a dollar short telling you about the movie, but I finished my book.

Do you realized how hard it is to read a book with kids? #1 and #2 really are not interested in me having any time to myself to read much less take a bath or talk on the phone. Their daddy... well that's another story for another day, but me... nooooo. Forget it. Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mom, Mom, Mom, MOMMY!!!! I know, it only gets worse.

go get the book... read it... love it... see the movie.

Peace out yo!



In 1960s Mississippi, Southern society girl Skeeter returns from college with dreams of being a writer. She turns her small town on its ear by choosing to interview the black women who have spent their lives taking care of prominent white families. Only Aibileen, the housekeeper of Skeeter's best friend, will talk at first. But as the pair continue the collaboration, more women decide to come forward, and as it turns out, they have quite a lot to say.

1 comment:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

I want to watch the movie 1st, then read the book. I find that if I do that, I'm not disappointed in the movie! :o)