Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Who is she...


I'm Rosie, and this year I will turn 36...

I won’t lie, yes... 36. I’ve been told I look 25 but most of the time it’s through the eyes of a drunken 25 year old boy thinking he might have a chance. I’ve gotten it a time or two when being carded for a drink at dinner and such. My mother said my divorce aged me, I don’t see it … regardless, I’ll be over 35. I honestly never thought I’d see it.

I always felt it was a milestone in my life… now I’ll be passing it in a few months. Oh, the lessons I learned. Trust is earned, not freely given. Most people don’t have your best interest at heart even if you do… be careful, he may not be genuine. People can be catty and chatty, your business may be all over town if you share with the wrong person. Unless he’s in a good church and takes his children, he probably isn’t interested in what you have to say. If you aren’t careful people will use you for whatever you have to give… money, a car ride, shoulder to cry on. But chances are, when you need it they won’t be there. Some friendships are only made to find out information, or snoop. People will assume what they want regardless of what you say.

Looking at my life and what I learned about people over the last couple of years, and especially in year 35, I don’t see what God is directing me to do in my life. My devotion today: For you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say “You must be holy because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:15-16 Yes, I’ve gone out and lived it up. I had a great time… I partied, made huge mistakes and a couple of bad choices, but on the other hand there were some amazing parts as well. I can’t really complain and I won’t ask for a do over. I made a few of the most wonderful and supportive friends a girl could ask for. I made a decision to stand on my own two feet again. I decided who I will and will not be allowed to share my life. But then I look back and see I didn’t live a holy life, there were times I didn’t even try. I’m disappointed in that.

I’m not perfect, and I will stumble from time to time… but I hope that with the knowledge I’ve gained I will make better choices. By doing that am I making myself over? Not really, I'll always be the same person to some point, just more cautious.I was told by a wise man you are like the 3 people closest to you in your life…  so who does that make you? The three closest people in my life are pretty amazing so, I finally know who I am. 

2 comments:

Powdered Toast Man said...

Do my cats count as amazing people?

Al Penwasser said...

36 or 6 squared.
Both younger than I.