Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Really? Seriously...

I have been told many times that 'the fate of any relationship depends on the person who cares the least'. It's something that I have learned over the last couple of years, a hard lesson at that.


“Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they're trying to find someone who's going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” ~ Anthony Robbins

Give and take, that's what it really is all about. You have to be willing to give more than you take. If you don't it will never work. Like I said before, I think I give too much sometimes. It definitely hurts sometimes. I see this too often with people that I think are my friends. I will always speak I will always do my best to leave a smile where ever I go. I always try to include everyone in my life, but sometimes it seems that I get left out. Not sure why that is. Maybe those people aren't really my friends after all? Recent events in my life have really shown me who actually has my back and who doesn't. I'm thankful for the people I have in my life. Please don't think I'm complaining about it or trying to have a 'pitty party', it's not like that at all. Yeah it sucks, but in all honesty.... I'm glad that it has happened like that.

I won't be the person that cares the least... I will always be the one that will text or call if I haven't heard from you in a couple of days. Don't assume that I think or know if you are mad at me, I'm not a mind reader. If there is a problem, talk to me about it... don't let it fester like a wound until you can't take it anymore. Tell people how you really feel, tell them what's on your mind. I've learned that if you keep your feelings packed up in a box, no one will even know it's there to unpack. Open the box. And make sure if you do walk away from a relationship, friends or otherwise... you leave that person knowing that it was ok for it to be the way it is. I have so many unanswered questions right now it has literally made me sick.





No comments: